It has been awhile so I thought I should catch you all up on our happenings...
Over the Chinese New Year Holiday we met up with some good friends for a bike tour of the Thai wine country (Thailand... Wine Country????). Yes and we actually had some very good wine. We did a guided ride through Spice Roads Cycle Tours (highly recommend them). The bikes were good, the country side lovely and the van followed along with snacks, water and our bags. My way to bike tour!
 |
| Ian and I making sure the wine was going to be ok before the winery tour. |
 |
| Simon picking the grapes |
 |
| Some of the lovely scenery along the way |
We came back to work for a brief bit and then Spring Break was upon us. We had planned to discover some new islands in Thailand but got the news that Simon's mum is not well. So plans changed and Simon went to cold, snowy England and I went to warm, sunny Australia.
 |
| Had a wonderful time with friends who live in this lovely house in Bathurst |
 |
| Saw kangaroos right out on the side of the road |
 |
| Enjoyed some tourist time in Sydney |
 |
Doesn't really look like spring does it?
So all in all we have been keeping busy and enjoying life - thought I would leave you with one of the signs I see around here all the time - who thinks these things up? Then who puts them up? |
 |
This is found at the restrooms of our local hawker center - women also have to pay 20 cents to use the facilities if the toilet minder is there - men, of course, don't have to pay.
That's it for now - take care, keep in touch and come visit!!!!
M and S
|
No comments:
Post a Comment